We are currently seeking an organized and motivated ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT with strong people skills and excellent attention to detail to join our Office Team. Candidate must be able to multi-task, as the administrative assistant will be responsible for completing a variety of tasks while providing friendly, professional support to our 250+ clients and our employees. We are a growing business with approximately 25 employees serving families in the Cedar Mill/North Beaverton area. We pride ourselves in having a friendly, positive environment and we feel our dedicated, hard-working employees are one of our greatest assets.
- Hours: 15 hours per week, Monday-Friday 3-6pm
- Compensation: $14.50-$16.50/hour DOE
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Academy Director and the Office Team to maintain office efficiency by using existing office systems and procedures. Job duties include:
- First point of contact for all families, students, and visitors in person, by phone or over email answering all inquiries relating to registration, accounts and general information
- Receive incoming phone calls and assist walk-in customers as necessary
- Monitor and respond to customer emails and manage customer inquiries
- Work as member of the Office Team to assist with registration process including: preparing registration materials, updating online registration system, monitoring enrollment and payments
- Assist families and teachers during the lesson scheduling process
- Manage tuition charges, accounts and invoicing
- Create and print programs for recitals and other performance events
- Create and print student handout reminders and posted announcements
- Decorate for holidays and events
- Other duties as assigned
Administrative Assistant Experience and Requirements:
- Team player with a positive spirit and ability to work with a variety of personality styles and handle a workload that fluctuates from week to week.
- Ability to initiate tasks or projects as needed depending on the time of year. For instance, confirming data accuracy during Student Registration and updating systems during semester prep periods.
- Ability to complete jobs independently, consulting with supervisors as needed.
- Must be good at multitasking with excellent attention to detail.
- Interested in music.
- You’ll be interacting with teachers and families of young musicians and everyday you’ll hear students practicing in the studios.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about cultivating a welcoming and safe space for students, families, and teachers of all races, socioeconomic backgrounds, religions, cultures, genders, sexual orientations, family configurations, and abilities.
- Examples include:
- Taking care to pronounce student’s and parent’s name correctly
- Experience communicating with people for whom English is a second language
- Facility with giving, receiving, and using correct pronouns, including pronouns like they/them and she/they
- The ability to use inclusive language like “caregiver”, “partner”, “winter break”, etc.
- A personal commitment to anti-racism and willingness to engage in ongoing learning about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Examples include:
- Associate’s Degree or some college
- Minimum five years experience as an administrative assistant or in customer service.
- Experience making and organizing spreadsheets.
- Familiarity with Google Suite, especially Docs, Sheets and Forms
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug screening and background check may be required as part of our screening process.
To apply, please complete our job application form and be sure to send resume as well as cover letter detailing how this part-time position fits into your schedule.