- 5 days per week
- Lesson time does not count toward practice requirements
Recommended Practice Duration
- Preparatory: 15-20 mins.
- Level 1: 20-30 mins.
- Level 2: 35 mins.
- Level 3-4: 40 mins.
- Level 5-6: 45 mins.
- Level 7-8: 50 mins.
- Level 9-10: 60 mins.
Things to Keep in Mind
- The most important thing is getting the assignment done—however long it takes. These times are minimum expectations, and on some days more (or less) time may be required.
- Thorough preparation of the assignment is more important than how long the student spends. Emphasis should be placed on completing the assignment over the amount of time spent.
- Practice time must be focused and purposeful. “Messing around” does not count toward practice time.
- Parents should notify the teacher if assignments are requiring too little or too much time.
- Up to 5 minutes per day of theory work CAN count toward practice time.