Contact Our Office
Lessons & Classes
Students achieve excellence through careful development of hands, ears, mind, and heart.
The Hoffman Method
The Hoffman Method creates well-rounded musicians who truly comprehend music by emphasizing eight areas of learning: music theory, ear training, improvisation, sight reading, technique, solfege, composition and rhythm.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Hoffman Academy Portland is committed to creating welcoming and inclusive spaces for people of all ages, religions, races, gender identities, gender expressions, sexual orientations, family/child care configurations, abilities, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We recognize that in order to make our Academy welcoming and safe for all people, we need to actively acknowledge and rise above the unconscious biases that exist in our culture stemming from racism, sexism, heteronormativity, ableism, and cisnormativity. We are committed to unlearning these biases in an effort to better cultivate love, compassion, and acceptance for all.
- Jan 10 | Spring ’22 Open Enrollment
- Feb 7 | First Day of Spring ’22 Semester
- Mar 21 – 26 | Academy Closed for Spring Break
- Apr 11 – Apr 16 | Mid-Semester Progress Meetings
- Apr 30 | Student Composition Night
- May 9 | Summer ’22 Open Enrollment
- May 28 – 30 | Academy Closed for Memorial Day Weekend
- Jun 11 | Student Recital
- Jun 18 | Last Day of Spring ’22 Semester
- Jun 20 | Summer Session Begins
Start Your Musical Journey
Reach out to begin your music education in an engaging, nurturing environment that brings out the musician in you!