Discover the Joy of Music at Hoffman Academy
Contact Our Office
Lessons & Classes
Students achieve excellence through careful development of hands, ears, mind, and heart.
The Hoffman Method
The Hoffman Method creates well-rounded musicians who truly comprehend music by emphasizing eight areas of learning: music theory, ear training, improvisation, sight reading, technique, solfege, composition and rhythm.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Hoffman Academy Portland is committed to creating welcoming and inclusive spaces for people of all ages, religions, races, gender identities, gender expressions, sexual orientations, family/child care configurations, abilities, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We recognize that in order to make our Academy welcoming and safe for all people, we need to actively acknowledge and rise above the unconscious biases that exist in our culture stemming from racism, sexism, heteronormativity, ableism, and cisnormativity. We are committed to unlearning these biases in an effort to better cultivate love, compassion, and acceptance for all.
- February 6 | First day of Spring Lessons & Classes
- March 6 | Summer Enrollment Begins
- March 27 – April 1 | Spring Break (Academy Closed)
- April 29 | Composition Night (Optional Mini-Recital)
- May 27 – May 29 | Memorial Day Weekend (Academy Closed)
- June 10 | Spring Recital
- June 17 | Last Day of Spring Semester
- June 19 | First Day of Summer Semester
Start Your Musical Journey
Reach out to begin your music education in an engaging, nurturing environment that brings out the musician in you!