Summer Private Lessons
In June, July and August we offer private lessons for our piano, guitar, and voice students age 5 & up. Lessons are flexible and scheduled to fit around your summer activities. They could be the same from week to week, or vary, depending on your and your teacher’s availability. Summer private lessons are the perfect opportunity to see if your student is ready for the full semester commitment!
How does tuition work?
- There is a registration fee of $20 for new students (or past students not currently attending lessons during Spring semester).
- Lessons added to a package later will be charged at the base price ($45 – $70).
How do I register?
- Use the sign up form to create an account in My Music Staff (Click on the button in the top right corner that says “Enroll”).
- Starting June 1st, log in to your My Music Staff account and navigate to the Calendar.
- Click on an open lesson slot, then click ✔ Register.
- Summer lessons will repeat weekly (around teacher vacations) and you’ll be prompted to choose which lessons you’d like to register for.
- The office will send you an invoice for the registration fee and tuition.
- Pay your invoice to finalize your Summer enrollment!
Summer Private Lesson Policies
The cancellation deadline for summer enrollment is two weeks prior to the first day of the summer session. If private lesson enrollment is cancelled on or before the deadline, tuition payment will be refunded in full. After the deadline tuition payments are non-refundable. Registration fees are non-refundable except in the unusual circumstance where lesson times acceptable to both parties cannot be found during the scheduling process, in which case all registration fees and tuition payments already paid will be refunded in full.
Lessons: Summer lessons follow a flexible schedule and will be jointly scheduled by the teacher and the student at the beginning of the summer. After the summer lesson schedule has been finalized, students may cancel/reschedule up to one lesson if necessary. Lesson must be cancelled or rescheduled by directly contacting the teacher at least one week prior to originally scheduled lesson.
Substitute Teacher: If your teacher is unable to attend a workshop or lesson, the Academy reserves the right to provide a qualified substitute teacher for that lesson.
Teacher Cancellations: If your teacher must cancel a workshop or lesson for any reason, and a substitute teacher cannot be arranged, a make-up lesson will be provided.